Millions of people suffer from mental illnesses like depression, anxiety, PTSD, agoraphobia, etc. People are speaking up about the importance of mental health and it is important that everybody is aware of the need for good mental health and how to improve it. One such method is with the help of an Emotional Support Animal (ESA). One who suffers from such conditions can get emotional support from the pet. Your pet can be recognized as an ESA by getting assessed for an Emotional Support Animal Evaluation Letter. The emotional support animal letter guarantees that you will not have to be separated from something that helps you.
The Benefits of an ESA
• It can help the patient to become more social.
• It helps to boost their self-esteem.
• It provides a feeling of safety and comfort.
• It can significantly decrease the symptoms of the diagnosed illness.
• Patients usually feel more motivated.
• They feel an increased sense of purpose.
• Having an ESA can also help with other illnesses like aerophobia, stress-induced situations, and social shyness.
Even a very limited time with an ESA can help people considerably.
How to get approved for an ESA?
An emotional support animal letter can only come from a licensed healthcare professional like physicians, therapists, nurses, physician’s assistants, nurse practitioners, and other professionals. If you do not have a therapist, you can match with an LMHP (licensed mental health professional). The professional attests to your conditions. The assessment involves answering questions that will help to determine if you qualify for an ESA. If you are qualified, you will most probably receive the letter within a week. You can also use online resources to book a session with a therapist. If you choose this method, be careful to choose a reputable and legitimate website.
If you are suffering from a mental health issue, be sure to get the required help to lead a happy, healthy life.